“The only point of the scientific method, is to make sure you are not fooled into thinking that something is true that is not, or thinking that something is not true that is.”
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
So I believe this is true. Let’s assume that it is and look at several questions begged by this assumption.
- Does faith interact with the scientific method?
- Should it apply before or after the scientific method is applied.
- Should faith even be used in the same sentence as the scientific method?
- Can you have faith in something that doesn’t pass scientific scrutiny?
- Should faith ONLY be applied to something that CAN’T be evaluated by the scientific method?
- Can someone have faith in something while still holding true to the principles of the scientific method?
- Can faith and science be successfully discussed together, while still holding true to the principles of each?
Many more questions, but this is a start.